Pinterest – I gathered some useful information from Forum(s) and membership site(s) conversations that I would like to share. If you use Pinterest for your marketing campaign, you might want to use the following information(s).
In summary, how-to, instructional and actionable pins outperform other content on Pinterest. Create pins with beautiful vertical images that help pinners solve a problem, learn how to do something (DIY), plan for an upcoming life event, or help them turn their dreams into reality.
You should get familiar with Pinterest terms of service or the use of their Website. Pinterest is the world’s catalog of ideas. Find and save recipes, parenting hacks, style inspiration, and other ideas to try.
Overview of Pinterest TOS
- You can help us fight spammers by keeping these security tips in mind.
Pins link to content off of Pinterest. Most of that stuff is awesome, but we’re not responsible when it’s not.
Pinterest reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- We respect copyrights. You should, too.
- Also, don’t post porn or spam or be a jerk to other Pinners. Oh, and we can actually use your suggestions to make Pinterest better.
- Copies of content shared with others may remain even after you delete the content from your account.
- If you post your content on Pinterest, it still belongs to you, but we can show it to people, and others can re-pin it.
- You can use Pinterest unless you’re under 13. Also, if your boss is making you use Pinterest, you need to set up a business account.
- If we are sued because of something your business does on Pinterest, you have to pay our costs. You should have also created a business account and agreed to our commercial terms in the first place.
- Unfortunately, people post bad stuff on user-generated content sites like Pinterest. We take that kind of thing seriously, but you still might run into it before we have a chance to take it down. If you see bad stuff, please report it to us.
- We are building the best service we can for you, but we can’t promise it will be perfect. We’re not liable for various things. If you think we are, let’s try to work it out like adults.
- The Bay Area is beautiful this time of year. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, that’s what’s so great! Anyway, you’ll have to sue us here.
- If we’re making a big change to the terms, we’ll let you know.
- These three passages are part of just about every online terms agreement. Basically, they ensure that a deal is a deal when you’re using a site, including Pinterest.
Now for the Pinterest Marketing Que and Ans Session
Que: I have a Pinterest account. Can I do most boards and assign each one a niche?
Ans: I tried an account set up like that, and it did not do as well as the accounts that I have been more specific about a certain niche. It scatters the interest all over the place, rather than focusing them on one location. So my experience is that it is not as good.
Que: So we can create one business account per email address. Can Pinterest tell if you log in from the same IP for each of these accounts? The reason I ask is that I want to keep my main Pinterest account as is with mainly my blog posts…but I would also like to create about 10 supporting fitness sites that focus on more specific subcategories (circuit training, home bodyweight workouts, etc.) My plan would be to drive traffic to these individual sites but also mix in repins on each of these Pinterest accounts to pin stuff from my main blog.
Ans: Yes, Pinterest tracks IPs. My experience has shown that you can run a couple of accounts (2-3 max) from the same IP, but you really need to invest in some quality proxies beyond that.
Que: I can’t help but wonder if this was just a single site/domain? The traffic growth is phenomenal, the earnings are absolutely ridiculous, the ROI is through the roof, what more could you possibly want from the push-button program?
Ans: As you may have already guessed, I am not getting these results from just one Pinterest account. I run a number of websites and have accounts dedicated to the promotion of each site. Pinterest lets you create Business accounts for promotional purposes. As of the time of my writing this, you are not limited to just creating one account. That only makes sense. Many people run multiple businesses, and Pinterest naturally wants them all onboard (no pun intended)